The goal of the project was to improve the living conditions and higher incomes of micro, small and medium scale farmers through market development in berries sector. The project contributes to berry sector value chain development, through applying the M4P / MSD approach. The M4P/MSD approach works more on a systemic level including all relevant stakeholders along the value chain and is therefore less interventionist than the conventional approach.
Main interventions during the project were:
- Professional education and capacity enhancement – the first manual about berries production was printed and curricula introduced in The Agricultural
- University and agricultural colleges, during the project was provided different training programs (25 program), organized more than 15 international study visits, more than 100 farmers field schools, at all levels Support to berry nurseries to increase productivity and Facilitate Promotion and sales;
- Support of drip irrigation, precooling and refrigeration providers Support of input providers for berry sector – was managed a grant fund more than 150 000 Euro, providing different co-financing for innovations and systemic changes in the sector
- Support to associations of berry growers – the Asociatia “Pomusoarele Moldovei” was supported to become a market player and sector development partner, the annual Conference of Berries Producers was supported and started as annual event
- Support access to markets of berry sector farmers – different model of promotion and access to market was financed through the project, festival of berries, specialized trade fair of berries producers, promotion campaigns in local supermarkets, pick up your berries model.